For New Students
Financial Assistance Schemes
Full-time local students who are financially needy are eligible to apply for the following financial /assistance schemes.
1. Government Financial Assistance - Student Finance Office
(a) Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS)
Means-tested assistance is provided in the form of grants and/or loans to full-time local undergraduate students.
(b) Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT)
Non-means-tested assistance is provided in the form of interest-bearing loans to eligible fulltime students to settle their tuition fees.
- All TSFS and NLSFT applicants must submit the completed application form and supporting documents (within 50 pages) to Student Finance Office via SFO E-link by 5 October 2020.
- SFO E-link: http://ess.wfsfaa.gov.hk
- TSFS Guidance Notes https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/tsfs/Guidance_Note_Eng.pdf
- TSFS Information Note (Chinese version) http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/tsfs/OM_CHI.pdf
- TSFS Information Note (English version) http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/tsfs/OM_ENG.pdf
- TSFS videos https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/tsfs/videos.htm
- NLSFT Guidance Notes https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/pdf/common/Form/nls/NLSFT111B.pdf
- NLSFT videos https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/postsecondary/nlsft/videos.htm
2. University Financial Assistance
(a) University Student Finance Scheme
The University Student Finance Scheme is available for full-time local students studying UGC-funded programmes, and is provided in the form of general bursaries, hostel bursaries, hostel scholarships and interest-free loan. Hostel residents who have applied for the Scheme may be considered for award of hostel bursaries and/or hostel scholarships.
Please watch out for SSC emails and visit the following website for details:
(b) University Emergency Fund
Bursaries are available to assist full-time local students studying UGC-funded programmes who face unforeseen financial hardship caused by death, serious illness, accident or sudden unemployment of students’ major breadwinners at any time of the academic year.
For details, please refer to the following website:
|(a) Government Financial Assistance
Tertiary Student Finance Scheme -Publicly-funded Programmes
– Tel: 2152 9000
Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students
– Tel: 2150 6222
|(b) University Financial Assistance
Ms. Phyllis Fung
Student Services Centre
– Tel: 2616 7308