Department Board (for Department of Economics)
Terms of reference
- To be responsible for the delivery of the programme(s) and courses it offers, including course planning, teaching, assessment, evaluation, and achievement of the intended student learning outcomes.
- To be responsible for the quality of teaching and research work of the department.
- To formulate departmental policies within University guideline.
- To consider staff matters of the department.
- To set up committees as it thinks necessary to discharge its duties.
- To exercise such additional responsibilities and powers as may be assigned to it by the President from time to time.
Chairman : Head of the Department
Members : All full-time members of the teaching staff of the Department at the rank of Assistant Lecturer or higher
Two elected student representatives
Secretary : To be elected from among its members
Observer : One research postgraduate student (if any) elected from among themselves
[Note: The Dean concerned should receive the agenda papers and minutes of the Department Boards.]