Professor XIAO, JunjiBA.,MA (Nankiai University); PhD (University of Toronto)
- Associate Professor
Professor Junji XIAO has been an associate professor in economics at Lingnan University since 2021. He is an economist with research interest in the fields of empirical industrial organization, environmental economics and China economy. His recent work has explored such topics as the competition structure, the welfare effect of environmental policies and the vertical restraints. Before joining Lingnan University, he taught at UTS Business School, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Fudan University and Shanghai University of Finance and Economics respectively. He was awarded the German DFG Fellowship in 2001 and Hong Kong RGC grant in 2016. His research papers have been published in such journals as International Economic Review, Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of Industrial Economics, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, International Journal of Industrial Organization and Journal of Comparative Economics. He has also worked on commissioned projects for the State Administration for Market Regulation, China.
- University of Toronto, Canada
PhD in Economics
- Nankai University, China
MA in International Economics and Trade
- Nankai University, China
BA in International Economics
- Associate Professor, , Faculty of Business Administration, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong 2014-2020
- Associate Professor, School of Management, Fudan University Shanghai, China 2010-2014
- Associate Professor, School of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Shanghai, China 2008-2010
- Assistant Professor, School of Economics, School of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Shanghai, China 2006-2008
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Industrial Organization, Environmental Economics, China Economy, Behaviorial Economics.
- “Effects of Distributor and Market Characteristics on Distribution Intensity: An Analytical Model and Empirical Investigation”, with Xubing Zhang and Namwoon Kim, Journal of Marketing Research, under review
- “Philanthropy Flow Signals and Corporate Disaster Donations”, with Xueming Luo and Rong Huang, Journal of Management Studies, under review.
- “Predicting Customer Retention based on the Selection of Payment Plan”, with Liyin Jin and Liyuan Wei, International Journal of Research in Marketing, under revision.
- “Dealer Size Distribution in the Chinese Automobile Market”, with Frank Mathewson, CUHK and University of Toronto working paper.
- “Prediction and Learning about Credit Card Spending”, with Jaimie Lien and Liyin Jin, CUHK working paper.
- “Incumbent or Entrant? The Mutual Choices of Car Manufacturers and Dealers”, with Mantian Hu, CUHK working paper.
- “Market Equilibrium and Welfare Effects of Fuel Tax in China: the Impact of Consumers Response in Driving Patterns”, with Xiaolan Zhou and Jijun Tan, CUHK working paper.
- “The Cross-Category Effects of Reward Point Promotions: An Empirical Analysis”, with Steven Lu and Tingting Fan CUHK working paper.
- “The Determinants of Dealership Structure: Empirical Analysis of the Chinese Auto Market”, with Heng Ju, Journal of Comparative Economics, accepted for publication.
- “Welfare Analysis of the Vehicle Quota System in China”, with Xiaolan Zhou and Wei-Min Hu, International Economic Review, accepted for publication.
- “The Price Evolution in China’s Automobile Market”, with Shanjun Li and Yimin Liu, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy (Featured article), 24(4)(2015): 786-810.
- “Are Points like Money? An Empirical Investigation of Reward Promotion Effectiveness for Multi-category Retailers”, with Liyuan Wei, Marketing Letters, 26(1)(2015): 99-114.
- “Market Equilibrium and the Environmental Effect of Tax Adjustments in Chinas Automobile Industry”, with Heng Ju, Review of Economics and Statistics, 96(2)(2014):306-317.
- “Collusion or Competition? Interfirm Relationships in the Chinese Auto Industry”, with Wei- Min Hu and Xiaolan Zhou, Journal of Industrial Economics, 62(1)(2014):1-40.
- “Factors affecting the take-off of innovative technologies: Evidence from digital cameras”, with Liyuan Wei, Applied Economics, 44(32)(2012): 4143-4152.
- “Technical Advances in Digital Cameras: Welfare Analysis on Easy-to-Use Characteristics”,
- Marketing Letters, 19(2)(2008): 171-181.
- “Markov Perfect Equilibrium in the US Digital Camera Market”, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 26(5)(2008): 1233-1249.
- “A Method for Analyzing Strategic Product Launch”, Frontiers of Economics in China, 2(3)(2007): 458464.
- ECO2101 Introduction to Economics
- ECO4001 Economics of Markets and Regulations
|Address:||WYL216, 2/F, Dorothy Y. L. Wong Building, Lingnan University|
|Phone:||(852) 2616 7207|
|Fax:||(852) 2891 7940|