Professor LIU, SiboBA (Xi'an Jiaotong); PhD (HKU)
- Assistant Professor
Sibo Liu joined the department in 2018 as an assistant professor after receiving his Ph.D. in finance from the University of Hong Kong. His research interests lie in the fields of Financial Economics, Empirical IO, and Digital Economy.
His works appear in leading business journals including Accounting Review, Management Science, and Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and major finance conferences such as WFA, SFS Cavalcade, and EFA. He collaborates with government agencies and internet giants including Alibaba and Tencent.
Personal Website: siboliu.com
Research Interests: Financial Economics, Empirical IO, Digital Economy
- "Minimum Wage and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Manufacturing Firms in China", Forthcoming in Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis AY2020-21.
- "Shareholder Litigation and Corporate Innovation", Forthcoming in Management Science AY2019-20.
- "Litigation Risk and Voluntary Disclosure: Evidence from Legal Changes", The Accounting Review AY2019-20.
- "Financial Technology, Stability, and Inclusion", Co-Investigator, Theme-based Research Scheme AY2020-21.
- "Credit Risk Management based on High-dimensional Statistics and Complex Financial Data", Co-Investigator, Tencent-China Computer Federation (CCF) Joint Grant, AY2020-21.
- "Politicians and Firms: Evidence from Politician Rotations in China", Investigator, Early Career Scheme (ECS), AY2019-20.
- "Do Managerial Incentives Matter? Evidence from SOE Pay-Cap Reforms in China", Co-Investigator, General Research Fund (GRF), AY2017-18.
- ECO4323 Financial Economics
- ECO3002 The Economics of the Digital Economy
- ECO3105 Introduction to Statistics and Econometrics
|Address:||WYL220, 2/F, Dorothy Y. L. Wong Building, Lingnan University|
|Phone:||(852) 2616 7389|
|Fax:||(852) 2891 7940|