Update on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Infection Control Measures (17 July 2020)
17 Jul 2020
In view of the rapid surge in local COVID-19 cases, the University has introduced the following measures with immediate effect to minimise any risk of disease transmission on campus:
1. Staff and students are requested to report to the University via the 24-hour Campus Security hotline (2616 8000) in the following cases:
- They are confirmed to have COVID-19;
- They are required to undergo mandatory quarantine;
- They are or have been in close contact with a person in the last 14 days who is confirmed COVID-19 positive, undergoing mandatory quarantine or taking the COVID-19 virus test as required by the Centre for Health Protection.
2. With all sports facilities closed and the University Library providing a limited service, the campus is now only open for current LU staff and students, and those with permission issued by University departments/offices/units. Special arrangements can be made for alumni and anyone needing to visit LU as long as they have prior approval to visit the campus and observe precautionary health measures.
3. Staff and students should NOT come to the campus if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, or waiting for COVID-19 test results.
The University will continue to monitor the situation closely and adopt all precautionary measures required to maintain safety on our campus. Please stay vigilant and maintain strict personal hygiene at all times.
Office of Communications and Public Affairs